Shared hosting/VPS/Dedicated needs
to run the PHPVibe cms
- mySql/Maria database SQL 5+
Important: Turn db safe mode off
- PHP 5.5+ PHP7 is fine also!
- Apache with mod_rewriteNginx works also*
- cURL For video details grabbing and importers
- GD library For image resizing
- Base64 functions For obfuscating some data
- Mcrypt module
- Safe_mode Off
- FFMPEG 1+ (2013 versions or newer) For video conversions, qualities, thumbnails and duration.
- exec() and shell_exec() EnabledFor ffmpeg.
- Web domain or subdomain Not folder for 6-6.3
- Multibyte String Optional
* Nginx information is based on clients feedback.
Server settings for Nginx are not included.
Ioncube is no longer required for PHPVibe > 5.
FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
It’s also needed to extract duration and thumbnails from video files.
FFMPEG video conversion is optional but needs the following to work:
– FFMPEG 1.x+
Compiled with Video and Audio Codecs (needs x264)
Warning: PHPVibe doesn’t work by default with FFMPEG 0.6 or any version under 1.0!
If you are new to this, please contact your hosting regarding this requirements.
For more information on setting up your server please see our Server setup tips.
Join Our Circle
Find out what’s coming!